Palada Pradhaman Recipe using Readymade Ada - Ingredients:
Preparation time: 15 mins | Cooking time: 30 mins | Recipe cuisine: South Indian | Serves: 4
Readymade Ada - 1/2 cup
Boiled milk - 3 cups
Sugar - 1/3 cup
Ghee - 2 tbsp
Water - 1 cup
Condensed milk - 2 tbsp (optional)
Cardamon powder - 1/4 tsp
Cashews - 1 tbsp
Raisins - 1 tbsp
1. Boil the 3 cups milk and set aside.
2. In a bowl bring the water to boil. Switch off and soak the washed ada in hot water for about 1/2 hr. Cover and keep it aside.
3. After 1/2 an hr, drain the ada and rinse in cold water 2-3 times to remove any extra stickiness and set aside.
4. Heat a heavy bottomed pan with 1 tbsp of ghee. Add the sugar and saute until it melts with ghee.
5. Once the sugar is melted add the drained ada to it and saute well to coat with sugar and ghee. Saute for few mins until it turns light brown.
6. Now add the boiled milk to the ada mixture and simmer it for 30 - 35 mins until it thickness and the color changes to a pale pink color stirring continuously in between. If adding condensed milk add at this stage.
7. Once it reaches the semi thick consistency add the cardamon powder and switch off. Traditionally they don't add any nuts but for taste you can roast cashews and raisins in ghee and add to it.
Yummy Palada Pradhman is ready to serve.
- Roasting ada in sugar and ghee is called Ada Vilayichathu, which will help to retain the shape of the ada without sticking to each other. It also enhances the taste of payasam. I referred this tip from Kothiyavunu.
- Adding condensed milk gives a rich flavor to the pradhaman.
- While serving if you find the payasam is thick dilute it by adding little boiled milk.
This looks rich and delicious!!ReplyDelete
This looks fantastic! Thanks for stopping by!ReplyDelete