Happy Chithrakkani / Tamil New year to all my viewers.
Wheat Rava Payasam Recipe - Ingredients:
Preparation: 10 mins | Cooking time: 10 mins | Recipe cuisine: Indian | Category: Dessert
Wheat Rava - 1/4 cup
Powdered jaggery - 3/4 cup
Milk - 2 cups
Cashews - 5
Raisins - 10
Cardamon powder - a pinch
Ghee - 1 tbsp
1. Heat 1/2 tbsp ghee in a tawa and fry the cashews and raisins. Set aside. In the same pan roast the rava until raw smell leaves and nice aroma comes, say 2-3 mins.
2. Add milk to the roasted rava and cover to cook for 2-3 mins.
3. Once rava is cooked it should be fast. Add the powdered jaggery and give a quick stir. It will become slightly loosen as jaggery melts.
4. Finally add the cardamon powder, fried cashews and raisins and balance 1/2 tbsp ghee.
Remove from fire and cool down.
Serve hot or chilled. Easy payasam is ready in minutes.
- After adding jaggery no need to stir for more time. Once it melts garnish and switch off the flame, else it may sometimes curdle.
- Instead of jaggery you can also add normal sugar as per your sweetness.
- You can 1-2 tbsp condensed milk for richness.