Inji Puli - Puli Inji Recipe - Ingredients:
Preparation time: 15 mins | Cooking time: 15 mins | Recipe cuisine: Indian | Category: Condiment
Ginger - 1/2 cup finely chopped
Green chili - 2 nos (chopped)
Shallots - 5 nos (finely chopped)
Tamarind - 2 gooseberry size balls
Red chili powder - 1 tsp
Turmeric powder - a pinch
Jaggery - 1/4 cup (melted)
Oil as needed for sauting
Oil - 2 tsp
Red chili - 1
Mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp
Hing - a pinch
Fenugreek - a pinch
Curry leaves - a sprig
1. Soak the tamarind in 1 cup warm water for 10 mins, filter it and extract the juice.
2. Heat 2 tbsp of oil in a kadai and fry the chopped ginger and green chili until golden brown. Transfer to a tissue paper.
3. In the same kadai and saute the shallots until it turns pale, add the fried ginger and chili mixture and give a stir.
4. Add the tamarind juice along with melted jaggery and throw in the chili & turmeric. Cook everything until it reduces to half or reaches a thick consistency. Adjust salt accordingly.
5. Temper the ingredients under' to temper' and season it.
Cool and store in a air tight container which is moist free.
- Prepare a day ahead before sadhya, for the flavors to set well.
- Can be used upto 2 weeks or more.