Preparation time: 10 mins | Baking time: 20-25 mins | Category: cakes/bakes | Makes 8 muffins
All purpose flour - 3/4 cup
Coco powder - 2 1/2 tbsp
Sugar - 1/2 cup
Baking soda - 1/2 tsp
Salt - 1/4 tsp
Oil - 1/4 cup
Cold water - 1/2 cup
Vanilla essence - 1 tsp
Lemon juice/ Vinegar - 1 tsp
1. Sieve APF, coco powder, soda and salt twice to ensure even mixing and keep aside .
5. Just before baking add the vinegar/lemon juice and mix well.
7. Cool down carefully and invert it on a wire rack.
For my first batch i wrongly measured oil and added more and you find some cracks on my cupcakes, while for the second i stick on to the original measurement and came out perfectly fine.
Dig into these delectable chocolate delights. Bake a day ahead so that the flavors get incorporated well.
- You can use white vinegar or apple cider vinegar, both works well.
- You can use 1/2 tsp grated orange zest for a orange flavor.
- Give a day for the flavors to get incorporated well.