Drumstick and Shallots Sambar Recipe - Ingredients:
Preparation time: 10 mins | Cooking time: 20 mins | Recipe cuisine: Indian | Category: Side dish
Toor dal - 1/2 cup
Moong dal - 2 tbsp
Shallots - 20
Drum stick - 1 no
Tomato - 1 large
Green chili - 2
Tamarind - 1 gooseberry size ball.
Coriander leaves - few chopped
Jaggery - a pinch ( optional)
Salt to taste
Coriander powder - 1 tsp
Sambar powder - 1 tbsp
Chili powder - 1 tsp
Turmeric - a generous pinch
Hing - 3 pinches
Oil - 1 tbsp
Mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp
Urud dal - 1/2 tsp
Fenugreek seeds - 1/2 tsp
Curry leaves - a sprig.
1. Clean and pat dry the shallots. Chop the drumstick length wise 2'inches. Cube tomato and slit green chili and keep it ready.
2. Pressure cook the dal for 4 whistles and mash it slightly. Heat a pan with little oil and toast the shallots slightly until brown spots appear.
3. Pressure cook all the vegetables (shallots, tomato, drumstick, green chili) along with tamarind, few curry leaves for 2 whistles. Discard the tamarind pulp and set aside.
4. Heat a kadai, dry roast all the ingredients under ' to roast' in low flame. Take care not to burnt it. Add the cooked vegetables , followed by the cooked dal.
5. Add the required salt and jaggery and boil for few more mins until everything incorporates well and reaches the desired consistency. Finally add some chopped coriander leaves.
6. In a pan heat oil temper the ingredients under' to temper' and season it on prepared sambar.
Murungaikkai and Chinna vengayam sambar is ready to serve. While serving you can add a little ghee to it. Perfect for a comfort lunch!!
- Be generous with hing/asafoetida, which is the main ingredient for the flavor of sambar.
- You can temper in ghee too as it gives more taste to sambar.
- My mom used to drizzle some coconut oil finally, which gives a nice aroma.
- Adding a pinch of jaggery balances all taste and enhances the ultimate taste of sambar.
also linking this to South Indian Cooking event hosted by Rafeeda event of Anu's page
Delicious sambar, yes sambar is every bodies favorite.ReplyDelete
My all time favorite recipe. I love sambar with Drumsticks. Adding shallots give extra flavour. Looks yummy.ReplyDelete
nicely prpd sambar n perfect vth hot white rice.ReplyDelete
my favorite one,thank u for postingReplyDelete
online womens wear
online wedding wear
online party sarees
online designer saris
online salwar kameez
wow sambar so tempting yarReplyDelete
salwar kameez wholesale | designer sarees online | bridal sarees | designer salwar kameez | dress materials online
Great recipe, it look so yummy and delicious.ReplyDelete
Thanks for sharing this with us.
Toor dal online
Toor dal online india
Buy dal online
There are many ways to make drumstick curry. So today I am going to be sharing a simple and delicious recipeReplyDelete
Drumstick recipes | drumstick curry | easy drum stick curry coconut milk