Happy Maha Sivarathiri!!
Ari Payasam is a popular recipe of Kerala and this payasam is believed to be the favorite of Lord Krishna. Paal Payasam is one of the popular prasadham of Guruvayoor temple. Ari payasam is traditionally made with raw red rice / matta raw rice (broken) which is cooked in milk and sugar.
When made in temple they do not add any flavors like cardamon or ghee , but still it tastes divine with the matta rice flavor. For me payasam's cannot be made without ghee and elachi so added a little of it to my payasam.
Ari Paal Payasam Recipe - Ingredients:
Cooking time: 30 mins | Recipe Cuisine : South Indian | Recipe Category: Dessert | Serves: 3
Matta raw rice/ Red rice(broken) - 1/2 cup
Water to cook the rice - 1 1/2 cups
Milk - 3 cups
Water - 1 cup
Sugar - 1/2 cup
Condensed milk - 3 tbsp (optional)
Ghee - 1 tbsp
Cashews - 5 broken
Raisins - 8
Cardamon powder - a pinch
1. Wash and soak the rice for 30 mins. Pressure cook the rice for 3 whistles with 1 1/2 cup water.
2. Heat ghee in a pan and fry the cashews and raisins until golden brown and keep aside.
3. Bring the milk and water to boil and add sugar.
4. Add the rice and mix well without any lumps. Simmer for 7 -8 mins until the milk reduces.
5. Add the condensed milk (if adding) at this stage and simmer for further 3-5 mins.
6. Finally add the elachi powder, ghee, nuts and raisins and switch off.
- Even without adding ghee and cardamon this payasam will tastes good.
- Use the red raw rice to get the exact flavor of the payasam.
- Soaking will help the rice to get cook well.
how much quantity rice & milk for 30 person??ReplyDelete
I admire what you have done here. I love the part where you say you are doing this to give back but I would assume by all the comments that is working for you as well. Do you have any more info on this?ReplyDelete
Thanks for the nice blog. It was very useful for me. Keep sharing such ideas in the future as well. This was actually what I was looking for and I am glad to came here! Thanks for sharing the such information with usReplyDelete
I am absolutely amazed at how terrific the stuff is on this site. I have saved this webpageReplyDelete
Top post. I look forward to reading more. CheersReplyDelete
long grain brown rice
Thanks for informative post. I am pleased sure this post has helped me save many hours of browsing other similar posts just to find what I was looking for. Just I want to say: Thank you!ReplyDelete
basmati rice receipe
Good article, like it! Appreciate the patience in putting up such determined content. Thanks for the time and effort.ReplyDelete
Nice job, it’s a great post. The info is good to know! long grain rice Subsequently, after spending many hours on the internet at last We have uncovered an individual that definitely does know what they are discussing many thanks a great deal wonderful post.ReplyDelete