I was actually looking for a recipe to put my loaf tin to use and ended up in baking this tutti frutti cake. For me tutti frutti and plum cake always relates to Christmas and Easter. I wanted to post this for Easter so went ahead with this simple recipe.
They are eggless, butterless, yet they were soft and moist. I enjoyed the bites of colorful candied fruits in this cake. My little one too enjoyed taking it to school till it got finished.
I adapted the recipe from here.
Eggless Tutti Frutti Loaf Cake - Ingredients:
Preparation time: 20 min | Baking time: 40-45 mins | Recipe cuisine: World | Category: Bakes
All Purpose Flour - 1 1/2 cup
Cinnamon powder - a pinch
Baking powder - 1 tsp
Salt a pinch
Tutti Frutti - 1/2 cup
Water - 1/2 cup
Oil - 1/2 cup
Sugar - 3/4 cup
Yogurt - 3 tbsp + 1 tbsp water
White vinegar - 1 tbsp
Vanilla extract - 1 tsp
Extra 1 tbsp maida to coat tutti frutti.
1. Sift the dry ingredients, APF, cinnamon, baking powder and salt two times to ensure even mixing.
2. Coat the tutti frutti with maida and keep aside.
3. Mix Sugar and oil in a bowl.
4. In a bowl first whisk together yogurt and water till smooth and then add 1 tbsp of vinegar and soda and stir well.
5. It would become frothy by now.
6. Combine sugar and oil with frothy yogurt.
7. Mix this mixture with flour along with water,vanilla and tutti frutti and be quick enough to fold the mixture without any lumps.
8. Meanwhile preheat the oven at 180 deg C for 10 mins.
9. Grease a baking tin/loaf tin, with butter/oil and pour the prepared batter. Bake it in the preheated oven at 180 deg C for 40- 45 mins until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
10. Cool it in a wire rack and then invert it.
Slice it and serve plain or dust with some icing sugar.
- Don't fold the batter too much. Gently fold it without lumps.
- It will be more soft the next day so do try a day before.
- You can decrease the sugar by 1/4 cup for a mild sweetness.
- Allow it to cool atleast an hour before slicing
- If want you can add 1/2 tsp orange zest in the batter.
Post a Comment
Hi Friends! Thank you all for visiting my blog. Without your comments and suggestions nothing is complete which is highly appreciable.