Preparation time: 10 mins | Cooking time: 15 mins | Recipe cuisine: Italian | Category: Main course
Pasta - 1 cup ( fusilli, penne or macaroni)
Onion - 1 ( finely chopped)
Garlic - 1 clove finely chopped
Tomato - 1 big ( finely chopped)
Tomato paste - 2 tbsp
Tomato ketchup - 2 tbsp
Water - 1/2 cup
Pepper - 1/2 tsp (optional)
Salt as needed
Olive oil - 3 tbsp
For white sauce:
Butter - 2 tbsp
Milk - 3/4 cup
Water - 1/4 cup
Pepper - 1 tsp
Dried herbs - 1/2 tbsp ( basil , oregano, parsley)
Salt as needed
1. Bring enough water to boil along with salt and add pasta with a tsp of oil. Cook for 10 mins or until the pasta is soft yet firm enough to bite. Drain the water and keep aside.
2. First prepare the white sauce. In a pan heat the butter, once it melts add the maida and saute for a min.
3. Add the milk and water and keep stirring continuously with a hand whisk to avoid lumps. Once it is smooth add salt, pepper and herbs.
Switch off. Collect the sauce and keep aside.
4. Heat a pan with olive oil and saute the garlic and onion till soft. Then add tomatoes and saute until it turns mushy.
5. Now add the tomato paste, and white sauce.
6. Add 1/2 cup of water along with required salt and bring to boil. Add the cooked pasta and mix well until the sauce coats well with pasta.
Garnish with olive oil and some Italian seasoning. Serve hot.
- Take care while cooking pasta, not to make it mushy. It should be firm and yet soft.
- Check your spice level and add more pepper.
- You can use any type of pasta for this recipe.
- Adding olive oil gives it the proper Italian flavor. U can use normal cooking oil too.
- Adjust the sauce consistency. 1/2 cup of water is for medium consistency, you can make it thin by adding more water.
Pasta looks too good. First time here. Happy to follow you. Do join me when u find timeReplyDelete
Tomato pasta looks really delicious and yumm love it.ReplyDelete
Looks really yummyReplyDelete
My quick time recipes... Love pasta.ReplyDelete
Easy and yummy tomato pasta....... My daughters fav !ReplyDelete
super yummy.. when served a bit spicy.. thanks for linking to my event.. looking for moreReplyDelete
Real Estate in Vernon
Lavington Real Estate
Coldstream Real Estate