Last week with all that cold and the mess i made with my laptop, i couldn't possibly plan for any other recipe for this holi. With holi round the corner on Monday i just made this simple coconut ladoo which can be made for any festive occasions. This is made with very few ingredients and requires less time.
Coconut Ladoo Recipe: Ingredients:
Cooking time: 10 mins | Recipe Cuisine: Indian | Recipe Category: Sweet
Desiccated coconut - 1 cup
Milk - 1 1/4 cup
Sugar - 1/4 cup
Cardamon powder - 2 pinch
Ghee - 2 tsp
1. Dry roast the coconut slightly for 2 mins. Add the milk and bring to boil and keep stirring continuously on medium flame.
2. Once the milk it completely absorbed add the sugar. It will diluted once sugar is added.
3. Keep stirring for further few mins until it becomes sticky and thick. Add ghee and cardamon and switch off.
Start shaping into balls once the mixture is warm and roll each ball in desiccated coconut .
- If using condensed milk you can avoid sugar and follow the same process until the mixture thickens.
- This is a basic recipe and you can make variations by adding coco powder for a chocolate version or rose syrup etc.,.