A cup of masala tea during weekend afternoon gives a sense of warmth and soothing effect and refreshes ourselves.
Masala Chai Recipe - Ingredients:
Cooking time:10 mins | Recipe Cuisine: Indian | Recipe category: Beverage
Milk - 1 cup
Cinnamon - 1 inch
Cloves - 3
Cardamon - 1
Black cardamon - 1 (optional)
Fennel seeds - 1/2 tsp
Bay leaves - 1/2 leaf
Ginger - 1/2 inch
Nutmeg powder - a pinch
Sugar - 2 tsp
Tea dust - 1 1/2 tsp ( adjust according to your taste, light or strong)
1. Using motor pestle/rolling pin, coarse powder all the whole garam masala's except ginger. Crush the ginger separately.
2. In a sauce pan heat the milk. Add all the spices and ginger along with sugar. Let it boil for 2-3 mins until all the spices blends with milk well.
3. Add the tea dust and boil for further few mins till you get the right flavor.
4. Switch off and strain the tea and serve in a glass.
So sit back and enjoy your cup of Masala chai with your favorite snack.
- You can also add 2-4 black pepper corns. Powder along with other spices and add.
- Having a hot cup of masala tea with added pepper in it will help to cure sore throat.