Altogether it was a surprise to Mithu and as a mother i really relished those moments. Now on to the cake..
Strawberry cake - Birthday cake Recipe - Ingredients:
Preparation time: 1 hr | Baking time: 20 - 25 mins | Recipe Category: Cakes
All purpose flour - 1 cup
Corn flour - 3 tbsp
Baking soda - 1/2 tsp
Baking powder - 1 tsp
Salt - a pinch
Butter/Oil - 1/4 cup
Condensed milk - 1/2 cup +2 tbsp
Water - 1/2 cup
Vinegar - 1 tbsp
Strawberry essence - 1tsp
Red/pink color - a drop
Whipping powder - 3 packets (i used whipping powder)
Whipped cream - 3 cups
Cold water or milk - 1/2 cup for each packet
Strawberries - 5 sliced
Candies or gems.
1. Preheat the oven at 180 deg C for 10 mins.
2. Sift the dry ingredients -(flour, corn flour, soda, baking powder and salt).
I prepared 2 cakes for a bit taller b'day cake. You can also bake single cake and divide into two layers.
Once the cake has completely cooled down start preparing frosting.
For the Frosting:1. Before whisking keep the wide bowl and hand whisk in the freezer for 10 -15 mins.
2. Now take the wide bowl with the 1 packet of whipping powder and add 1/2 cup water/milk little by little and keep whisking continuously fast upto 3 mins. ( If using electric mixer, whisk on high speed upto 3 mins.)
For Assembling and decorating:
1. Take the two cakes and using a wide knife cut a thin layer from top,on each cake.
5. Take it out and apply another 1/2 cup cream on top and sides and give a thick coat and place it in the fridge for 15 mins.
Place it on a cake board or use a plate covered with foil. Place in the fridge until party starts. Use a knife dipped in warm water and cut the cake.
- I used whipping powder as it is mess free and can be easily whipped.
- Use any metal/steel bowl to whip the cream.
- After each coat place the cake in the fridge to set so it will be firm.
- You can also use 'cake turntable' while applying frosting to get it neat.
- Prepare a day ahead and store in the fridge.
cake is so amazing Anu.......looks so yummyReplyDelete
The cake was beautiful and so tasty. Working with you was a pleasure! ...ReplyDelete
Very Helpful information for the general public, If you're interested an online cake decorating tutorials then visit us:ReplyDelete
Chocolate Waterfall Cake Course Online
Steampunk Robot Cake Course Online
Online Cake Decorating Pro Courses