Bread Baji / Pakoda Recipe: Ingredients:
Preparation time: 10 mins / Cooking time: 5 mins / Recipe Cuisine: Indian / Recipe category: Snack
Bread slices - 4-5 (as needed)
Besan (chick pea) flour - 4 tbsp
Rice flour - 1 1/2 tbsp
Corn flour - 1 tbsp
Hing - a pinch
Red chili powder - 1 tsp
Turmeric - 1/4 tsp
Baking soda - a pinch
Onion - 1 (finely chopped)
Coriander leaves - few sprigs finely chopped
Salt to taste
Oil to fry.
1. Take a bowl and mix in the besan , rice flour and corn flour together. Then add the chili, turmeric, hing and salt to the flour.
2. Add the chopped onions and coriander leaves. Add enough water to make a batter which is not too thick nor too thin. So adjust water accordingly.
3. Take the required bread slices and trim the edges and cut the breads into 4 triangles. Meanwhile heat the oil and dip each slice in the batter to coat well.
4. Fry it in hot oil. Cook both sides until golden brown on medium high flame and drain it in a tissue paper.
Serve it hot with ketchup or green chutney to go with any Tea.
- You can try with different stuffing's and make sandwich pakoras.
- Keep the flame on high or medium high for the whole process.
- You can also add jeera or ajwain to the batter for a nice taste.