Soya Manchurian Recipe - Ingredients:
Cooking time: 30 mins / Recipe Cuisine: Chinese / Recipe Category: Starter
Soya Chunks - 1 cup
Corn flour - 2 tbsp
Pepper - 1/2 tsp
Oil for shallow frying
For the Sauce:
Onion - 1 medium (cubed)
Capsicum - 1/2 (cubed)
Chili sauce - 2 tbsp
Tomato ketchup - 2 tbsp
Soya Sauce - 1 1/2 tbsp
Garlic cloves - 2 (finely chopped)
Green chili - 1 (finely chopped)
Oil - 1 tbsp
Salt to taste
Spring onions to garnish
1. Boil the soya chunks in enough water for 2 mins and drain it. Squeeze the excess water. Add corn flour and pepper and marinate for 10 mins.
2. Shallow fry the marinated soya chunks in oil till they turn brown color. Keep aside.
3. Heat oil in a kadai and add the chopped garlic, green chili and onion and saute on high flame for 1 min.
4. Add the capsicum and stir fry for 2 mins. It should be crisp. Now add the chili , tomato and soya sauces and saute till it blends well.
5. Add 2 tbsp of water and bring it to boil. Add the fried soya chunks and salt and leave it closed for 5 mins and let it get blend well with sauces.
6. Finally give a stir and garnish with spring onions or coriander leaves.
Serve hot as a starter or as a side-dish for fried rice.
|hot and spicy soya|
- Soya chunks has water content by itself, so no need to add water while marinating.
- After adding soya chunks to sauce keep the flame low.
- As soya chunks and soya sauce has salt content, keep a note while adding salt.