It is crispy, spicy and healthy made with few spoons of oil that you can munch it at any time, guilt-free. So do try this, and sit back to enjoy with a cup of tea.
Corn Flakes Mixture Recipe - Ingredients:
Cooking time: 10 mins / Recipe Cuisine: South Indian / Recipe Category: Savouries
Corn flakes - 1 1/2 cups
Roasted gram dal (pottukadalai) - 1/4 cup
Peanuts - 1/4 cup
Cashews - 8
Raisins - 1 tbsp
Curry leaves - a sprig
Red chili powder - 1 tsp
Chat masala - 1/4 tsp (optional)
Sugar - 1 tsp
Salt to taste
Ghee - 1 tsp
Oil - 1 tsp
1. In a pan dry roast the cornflakes for 3 mins by continuously stirring. Take care not to burnt. In the same pan dry roast the peanuts. (if using store bought salted peanuts no need to roast).
2. Heat oil and ghee in a pan. Add curry leaves and roast the cashews and raisins .
3. Add the roasted gram and throw in the chili and chat powder's along with salt and sugar and give a stir.
Then add the peanuts and saute for a min.
Cool down and store in an air tight container.
Enjoy with a cup of tea.
- Alternatively you can also deep fry all the ingredients and then mix it.
- You can also add 1/4 cup of poha(aval) to it. Roast it and add it.
- Make it as a sweet version by adding 1/4 cup powdered sugar and toss it well.
- It keeps well for up-to 2 weeks.