Prepatation time: 20 mins | Cooking time: 10 mins | Recipe cuisine: Indian | Category: Main-course.
Atta / Wheat flour - 2 cups
Methi leaves - 1 bunch tightly packed
Garlic - 2 cloves finely chopped
Green chili - 1 finely chopped
Jeera / Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
Salt as needed
Warm water as needed
Oil/ Butter as required
1. Rinse the methi leaves , drain completely , chop finely along with garlic and green chili.
2. In a bowl take wheat flour, add methi leaves, green chili, garlic, jeera and salt.
3. Add warm water little by little and knead to a soft and stiff dough. Keep aside for 15 - 20 mins. Divide the dough into medium size equal balls.
4. Roll the dough into medium size rotis. Heat a tawa and place the rotis, apply little butter or oil and cook the parathas till they are browned on both sides.
Serve hot with pickle and raita.
- You can add red chili powder and turmeric instead of green chili to get curry flavor and color.
- As i have mentioned you can also add mashed potatoes along with leave
- Roll the dough slightly thicker so that they will puff up.