Mango Shrikhand Recipe - Ingredients:
Preparation time: 1 1/2 hr | Recipe cuisine: Indian | Category: Dessert
Mango pulp - 3/4 cup
Yogurt (thick curd) - 1.5 cups
Powdered sugar - 3 tbsp
Saffron - few strands
Cardamon - a pinch
Chopped nuts - any nuts to garnish( i used almonds & pistachios)
1. Hung the curd in a muslin cloth for 1 -2 hr until all the water is drained completely. ( if using set curd (store bought thick curd) it's enough you hung for 30 mins). Whisk the curd and keep aside
2. Blend the mangoes to a smooth puree. Add the mango pulp to the curd along with sugar, cardamon powder, and chopped nuts. (reserve few to garnish)
3. Whisk well to smooth and finally add the saffron strands.
Garnish with chopped pistachios. Chill and serve.
- Adjust the sugar according to the sweetness of mangoes. I used alphonsa mangoes.
- Keeps well refrigerated up to 2 days.