Any soup if it is easy to make , then it is tomato soup and sweet corn soup. When it comes to soup my regular order will be sweet corn soup either creamier or clear soup. Mithu does not like soup but she likes to have the toasted bread crumbs served with soup.
As winter is still continuing i thought to post this easy and simple soup. This is healthy soup and do try this. Will be posting more soup recipes.
Sweet Corn Soup - Creamier Recipe -Ingredients:
Cooking time: 20 mins | Serves - 2 | Recipe Category : Soup
Fresh or frozen Sweet corn - 1/2 cup ( I used fresh corn)
Milk - 1/2 cup
Water - 1/2 cup
Pepper - to taste
Oregano - a pinch
Coriander leaves - 2 tbsp (chopped)
Corn flour - 1/2 - 1 tsp
Salt to taste.
1. If using fresh corn pressure cook and separate the corn kennels and keep aside. ( You can also separate the kennels first and then pressure cook it.. This will be much easier)
2. Reserve few spoons for garnishing. Blend the rest corn kennels with 1/4 cup water and 1/4 cup milk.
3. In a bowl add the grounded paste along with rest of milk and water and bring to boil. If you find it thick you can add little more water.
4. Boil it for 3 mins and then add cornflour dissolved in 2 tbsp water. Boil until it reaches soup consistency
5. Throw in the oregano or herbs and finally add salt and pepper.
Serve hot with bread sticks.
- Cream version of soup will be slightly thicker so don't make it too thin.
- Be generous with herbs and pepper.
- Garnish with toasted bread crumbs. (Cut the bread into tiny squares and toast with little oil until crisp).