For a change from the regular dosa menus i tried this mushroom dosa at home and it was great and hubby loved it. It is spicy and blends well with dosa and coconut chutney. Mushrooms are also a rich source of protein and fiber and good for kids.
As i have already said i am not a great lover of dosa's but hubby and mithu loves dosa/idli's. So i have to find variety in making dosa's. When i visit any restaurant i could see a lot of varieties of dosa to order, with different stuffing's , and some restaurants had Indo-Chinese stuffing's too for dosa. I like the paneer and mushroom masala stuffed dosa's.
Cooking time - 20 mins | Recipe Cuisine: South Indian | Recipe Category: Break Fast.
Dosa/ Idli batter - As required for making dosa.
For Mushroom masala:
Mushroom - 1 packet (200 gms) (chopped)
Onion - 2 (chopped)
Tomato - 2 (chopped)
Ginger garlic paste - 1 tsp
Chili powder - 1 tsp
Coriander powder - 1/2 tsp
Turmeric - 1/4 tsp
Garam masala - 1/2 tsp
Cumin powder - 1/4 tsp
Coconut milk - 3 tbsp
Fennel seeds - 1/2 tsp
Coriander leaves - a handful
Salt to taste.
1. Heat oil in a kadai and splutter the fennel seeds. Saute the ginger garlic paste till raw smell leaves and add the onion.
2. Add all the powders (chili, turmeric, cumin , coriander and garam masala) and saute for a min.
3. Add the chopped mushroom and saute for 2 mins. Since mushroom has enough water content no need to add water. It gets cooked with its moisture.
4. Once the moisture of mushroom is completely dried add in the tomatoes along with salt and cook it until it turns mushy.
5. Finally add the coconut milk and chopped coriander leaves.
Mushroom masala is ready. Now for the mushroom dosa,
6. Heat a tawa and take a ladle of dosa/idli batter and spread a thin circle. Drizzle some oil on all sides. I tried to spread a big circle and it dint work out ...he..he...
(No need to flip it over. As it is thin it gets cooked on top also. If want, you can cover it for one min).
7. Now place a big spoon of mushroom masala in the center of dosa and gently press it.
8. Fold it as per your liking.
Serve hot with coconut chutney.
- To spread the dosa thin, no need to grease the tawa . First pour the batter and spread the dosa thin and then drizzle enough oil on all sides. You will get crisp and thin dosa.
- This masala can also be a good side-dish for chapattis.
Post a Comment
Hi Friends! Thank you all for visiting my blog. Without your comments and suggestions nothing is complete which is highly appreciable.