This is popular breakfast recipe of Andhra. Pesarattu dosa is made with whole green moong dal and very little rice. This dosa was is my 'to do' list for a long time. I have tasted this once in Sangeetha restaurant and badly want to give a try at home.
I could find this recipe in lot of blogs. Such a healthy recipe and is really filling one. So easy to make and no fermentation required. You have to just grind it with some spices and and start making dosa. Coconut chutney goes well with it. I used to make it now during weekend mornings.
To the recipe,
Pesarattu Dosa recipe - Ingredients:
Soaking time : Minimum 8 hrs | Cooking time : 5 min | Recipe Cuisine: South Indian | Recipe Category : Main-dish.
Whole green moong dal (Pachaipayiru) - 2 cups
Idli rice - 2 tbsp
Green chili - 2 nos
Garlic - 2 cloves
Ginger - a small piece
Onion - 1 big (finely chopped)
Coriander leaves - a hand ful
Hing - a pinch
Salt to taste
1. Soak the green dal and rice for over night or for 8 hrs. I soaked overnight.
2. Grind the green dal and rice along with chili,ginger, and garlic. (If you want dosa to be little thick like adai you can grind it carsely or grind it to smooth batter.)
4. To the batter add the chopped onions, chopped coriander, hing and salt and mix well.
5. Heat a tawa / griddle and pour a ladle of batter and make thin circle like dosa. Smear with little oil and flip on the other side to cook.
6. Serve hot with any chutney of your choice. I served with pottukadalai chutney.
- Instead of adding onions to the batter you can also sprinkle on the top of dosa too. I prefer adding to the batter.
- This is healthy and such a filling recipe
mouth watering pesarattu........soo temptingReplyDelete