To blog it here i have followed some measurements but still you can mix and match the dals with no compromise on taste. To enhance the taste, lot of onions and coriander can be added. Adai dosa's are usually thick but i like it to have nor too thick nor too thin , more like the dosa. It does not require any fermentation and can be grinded using mixer.
Adai Dosa Recipe - Ingredients:
Preparation time: 20 mins | Cooking time: 10 mins | Recipe Cuisine: South Indian | Recipe Category: Breakfast
Idli rice/ Raw rice - 1 cup
Channa dal - 1/4 cup
Masoor dal - 1/4 cup
Toor dal - 1/4 cup
Moong dal - 1/4 cup
Urud dal - 1 tbsp
Dry red chili - 10 - 15 nos.
To add to the batter:
Onion - 2 (finely chopped)
Coriander - few sprigs finely chopped
Curry leaves - 2-3 sprigs
Asafoetida - 1/2 tsp
Salt to taste.
1. Soak the rice and dal separately for 5-6 hours or overnight.
3. Now add all the dals.
3. Grind together to a coarse batter. (If you want thin dosa type grind smooth.). Then add salt and asafoetida and give a mix.
4. Add the chopped onions, coriander leaves and curry leaves to the grounded batter and keep aside for 30 mins. Heat a dosa tawa and pour a ladle of the batter and spread it in circular motion to a dosa.
5. Drizzle some oil and flip to cook the other side.
Serve hot with coconut chutney or aviyal.
- Hing gives a nice flavor to the adai, so don't skip it.
- Adjust the no of red chili according to your spice level.