'Triamasu' is a popular and classic Italian dessert made with arranging lady finger(finger shaped sponge biscuit) / sponge cake and mascarpone cheese filling with a touch of alcohol. The one i have prepared here is not a classic version. As i dint have enough time to search for lady fingers and mascarpone cheese i planned to make it simple by using Marie biscuits for the base with cream cheese filling.
This is quite easy and simple and you cannot compromise on taste. I arranged in individual glasses for easy serving. Triamasu can also be layered as a form of cake.
It has perfect balance of sweet filling and a slight bitterness of coco powder.
Triamasu Trifle Recipe - Ingredients:
Preparation time: 10 mins | Recipe Cuisine: Italian | Recipe Category: Dessert | Serves: 3
Marie Biscuits - 12 (4 for each glass)
1/2 cup strongly brewed coffee
Sugar - 2 tbsp
Cream cheese - 1/2 cup
Whipped cream / heavy cream - 1/4 cup
Powdered sugar - 1/4 cup
2 tbsp coffee decoction
Vanilla - 1 tsp
Unsweetened coco powder / coffee powder - for dusting
Chocolate bar - for grating. ( optional)
Strawberries - 2 (optional)
1. Prepare the coffee docoction for both soaking and for mixing with the filling together (1/2 cup +2 tbsp) and chill it.
2. Beat the cream cheese until fluffy and fold in the whipped or heavy cream .
3. Fold in the sugar, coffee docoction and vanilla gently. Chill in the fridge for 15 mins.
4. To assemble, take the serving glass, dip biscuits in coffee syrup for 1 sec each side.
5. Layer the dipped biscuit in each glass that fits in topped with the cream cheese filling. Repeat the layers with four biscuits and end with the cream filling.
6. Cover with a foil and refrigerate for at least one hour. I refrigerated overnight.
7. Just before serving dust with coco powder or coffee powder using tea strainer on to the Triamasu.
Quick and easy Triamasu is ready to serve. For additional beauty top it with whipped cream and sliced strawberries.
- Be sure not to dip the biscuit for too long , so that to retain their shape.
- Instead of cream cheese you can also use 1/2 cup hung curd or 1/2 cup grinded cottage cheese (paneer).
- Be sure to use the glass that fits the biscuits in, or else using a cutter trim and reduce the circle size.