Grilled sandwiches are my favorite. Cheese sandwich is mithu's favorite as she likes the melted cheese in it. Cheese binds the vegetables well and it gets partially cooked while toasting. Sure to be liked by kids.
Cooking time: 10 mins | Recipe Cuisine: Continental | Recipe Category: Breakfast | Serves: 1
Bread slices - 2 ( white or brown bread)
Cheese slices - 1
Tomato - 2 rings sliced
Cucumber - 4 slices
Tomato ketchup - 1 tsp
Mayonnaise - 1 tsp
Butter / Oil - 1 tsp
1. Spread the bread slices and apply mayonnaise on one bread and ketchup on the other.
2. Take the bread with mayo and place tomato rings on each corner like this , and cucumber slices diagonally in the bread.
3. Place a cheese slice on the top of it and cover it with the other bread.
5. Heat a tawa with little butter and place the sandwich on it. Press it firmly with a ladle on both sides and toast it (2 mins). Cut it diagonally and serve hot.
Easy cheese sandwich is ready.
- You can also toast it using sandwich maker.
- See not to leave the sandwich for more than 2 mins else the cheese will melt fully.