Russian salad is also called as Oliver salad. I have tasted this salad served along with Pizza's from pizza hut. This can go as a best accompaniment for pizza's and toasted garlic breads. It's a mix of boiled veggies and mayonnaise. It is also provided as an appetizer's in some restaurants. Very simple & easy to make and tastes yummy too. Mayo and ketchup combination blends well with this salad.
Easy Russian Salad Recipe - Ingredients:
Cooking time : 10 mins / Recipe Cuisine : World / Recipe Category : Salad.
Potato - 2
Carrot - 1 medium
Peas - 1/4 cup (fresh or frozen)
Lettuce - 4 leaves
Apple - 1/2 (optional)
Mayonnaise - 3/4 cup
Cream - 2 tbsp (optional)
Ketchup - 2 tbsp
Salt and pepper - as needed.
Lemon Juice - 1/2 tbsp
1. Chop the Potato and carrots into cubes. Boil it in a bowl of water with salt and pepper until just tender.
2. Drain the veggies and add peas to it.
3. Mix the mayo ,ketchup, lemon juice and cream (if using) and season it with salt and pepper.
4. Fold in the vegetables with the mayo mixture.
While serving line a salad bowl with lettuce leaves and spoon the mixture on top of the leaves. Serve chilled with hot pizza or toasted breads.
- If lettuce leaves is not available you can substitute it with cabbage leaves. Boil it to tender and use it.
- Adding fruits like apple and pineapple is optional.
- Drain the water from veggies completely before mixing.