This time i took some clicks to post for the blog. Condensed milk used gives a soft and moist texture, and orange zest gives a nice flavor to the cake. I bookmarked this recipe long back form here.
I just followed the same measurements and it came out to be perfect.! No butter and no eggs and full of orange flavor.
This is quite easy to make with no mess and any beginner baker can give a try. So do try it and let me know!
Eggless Orange Cake / Orange Zest Cake Recipe - Ingredients:
Cooking time: 30 mins / Recipe Category: Cakes / Recipe Reference - Raks Kitchen
Plain flour - 1 1/4 cup
Condensed milk - 1 cup minus 2 tbsp
Butter or Oil - 1/2 cup ( I used sunflower oil)
Orange juice - 1/2 cup ( i used fresh juice )
Powdered sugar - 3 tbsp
Baking powder - 1 tsp
Baking soda - 1/2 tsp
Orange zest - 1/2 tsp
Lemon juice - 1 tsp
Vanilla essence - 1 tsp
1. Preheat the oven to 180 deg Celsius for 10 mins.
3. In another bowl mix condensed milk, orange juice, oil, sugar, vanilla essence and lemon juice and beat well with a whisk.
4. Make a dent in the flour and pour the wet mixture and gently fold it without any lumps.
5. Finally grate the orange peel (zest) into the batter and give a stir.
6. Grease a 8'inch baking pan with little butter and pour the batter . Tap once to remove any air bubbles.
7. Bake it in the preheated oven for 30 mins. Mine got done in exactly 25 mins. So keep an eye after 25 mins depending on your oven settings.
8. Cool it for 5 mins and then invert it. Allow it to cool in the wire rack further and then serve.
This easy-to-make cake and is zesty, sweet and perfect with your afternoon tea. Can be best served for guests too.
- Using fresh juice and zest gives the cake a nice flavor.
- While grating be sure to take off only the rind of orange's skin and not the white bitter part or the pith inside.