The chill winter outside makes me carve for something hot . Pasta is simple and easy Italian dish which can be normally had as dinner or break time munch. I love the different shapes of pasta. Different pasta's in bottles simply makes the kitchen beautiful. I like the basic tomato pasta sauce tossed with any pasta which i used to store normally. Mithu loves more of the white sauce preparation.
Farfalle Pasta In White Sauce Recipe - Ingredients:
Cooking time : 10 mins / Recipe Cuisine : Italian / Makes 2 Servings:
Farfalle Pasta - 2 Cups
Oil - 1 tablespoon
Salt to taste
Water to boil
For Basic White Sauce:
Butter - 2 tblsp
APF (Maida) - 2 tblsp
Milk - 1 Cup
Salt to taste
Crushed Pepper - 1 tsp
For Additional flavor:
Cream Cheese - 2 tblsp
Fresh Cream - 1 tblsp
Oregano - 1/2 tsp
Fresh garlic crushed or Garlic powder - 1/2 tsp
Mushroom medium - 3-4 nos
1. Boil the pasta with enough water along with salt and oil for 5 mins and drain it. Don't overcook it.
2. Saute the mushroom in a dry pan and keep aside.
3. Melt butter in a pan and add flour and saute it without browning. Add milk little by little and stirr continuously.
4. While its boiling add oregano,salt, pepper and garlic powder and sauteed mushrooms. I omitted pepper as i prepared this for mithu.
5. Finally add the cream cheese and cream.
6. Mix pasta with the sauce and stirr for a minute and switch off. Serve hot.
Will be posting soon the basic tomato pasta recipe and other recipes using pasta.
- Instead of cream cheese you can also add Parmesan cheese which makes it even more rich.
- This is a medium sauce and for thin sauce reduce the butter and flour to 1 tblsp, keeping the cup of milk same.
- Veggies can be of your choice, still mushroom & broccoli blends well with white sauce.
- Add little milk and break the lumps completely and then add rest of the milk.
- Garlic gives a good flavor so don't miss it.
- Don't cook the pasta for long time then it will turn out mushy.