Pasta sauce is the one which i used to make at home for simple pasta recipes . I will be posting it soon. I dint search much for this recipe, just alternated my pasta sauce recipe and added few more ingredients. There are of course many ways to make homemade pizza sauce. Each home cooks will have their own version. This recipe is a thick version so that it can be applied on pizza base.
Tomato is the main ingredient for both pizza and pasta sauce. I used fresh tomatoes. Canned tomatoes are normally used to get a thick red color. I added some veggies for the crunchy feel. You can check out my home made veg pizza using this sauce.
Homemade Pizza Sauce Recipe - Ingredients:
Cooking time : 15 mins / Recipe Cuisine: Italian / Recipe Category: Sauce.
Tomato Puree - 1 1/2 cup (approx 4 big tomatoes)
Garlic clove - 1 finely chopped.
Onion chopped - 2 tbsp
Pitted Olives - 4 nos (finely chopped)
Capsicum finely chopped - 2 tbsp (optional)
Dried oregano - 1 tsp
Dried parsley - 1/2 tsp
Nutmeg powder - 1/2 tsp
Fresh basil leaves - a handful (finely chopped)
Sugar - 1/2 tsp
Freshly ground pepper - 1 tsp
Salt - 1 tsp
Olive oil - 3 tbsp
1. Blanch the tomatoes and peel of the skin. Blend it and keep aside. (I dint have enough time so just pureed the tomatoes as it is.)
2. Heat oil in a pan and saute the garlic and then add onions and saute for a while.
3. Add capsicums and saute for a min.
4. Add the tomato puree and keep stirring till it gets thickened.
5. Now add the herbs, sugar, nutmeg and basil leaves and give a stir. (I couldn't find fresh basil leaves anywhere here and so din't add it.)
6. Finally add the chopped olives, salt and fresh pepper and keep stirring for another min or two and then switch off.
Cool down and store in a jar topped with some more olive oil.
- Use ripe tomatoes for the puree.
- Adding a tbsp of tomato sauce at the end will give color to the sauce.
- Don't miss to add sugar as it enhances the taste.
- You can also make it thin by adding 1/2 cup water along with 1 tsp of cornflour.
- Adding olives and capsicum is purely optional.