Aloo Paratha Recipe - Ingredients:
Preparation time: 20 mins | Cooking time: 10 mins | Recipe cuisine: Indian | Category: Main course
Wheat Flour - 1 cup
Warm water - as needed
Salt as needed
Oil/ Butter for applying
For Potato Stuffing:
Potato - 3 medium
Jeera - 1/2 tsp
Red chili powder - 1/2 tsp
Turmeric - a pinch
Coriander leaves - few chopped
Oil - 1 tsp
Salt as needed.
1. In a wide bowl mix the flour and salt. Add warm water little by little and keep kneading to a soft pliable dough. Allow it to rest for about 20 mins. Meanwhile we can prepare the potato stuffing.
2. Pressure cook the potatoes for 2 whistles until soft , peel and mash it well and keep aside.
3. In a kadai , heat a tsp of oil and splutter jeera . Add the mashed potatoes along with salt, turmeric and red chili powder and saute for 2 mins.
4. Finally add the coriander leaves and give a stir. Switch off and allow to cool.
5. Once cooled make small balls from the mixture. Divide the chapathi dough into equal balls slightly bigger than the potato balls.
6. Flour the surface and roll the chapathi slightly thicker to a small round. Place the aloo ball in the center and gather from all sides and seal it.
7. Turn to the other side and stat rolling the parathas. Make sure the thickness is even on all sides.
8. Heat a tawa and place the parathas. Rub some butter or ghee and cook both sides until it turns golden brown.
Serve hot with raita and pickle of your choice. We had with boondi raita and mango pickle...yummm..
- Make sure the parathas are rolled even on all sides.
- Brush with ghee or butter while serving.
- Before rolling the sealed paratha you can just flatten with your palm and then start rolling.
- Stuffing's are endless and will come up with more stuffed parathas.
Linking this recipe to WTML Event hosted by Gayathri.
With curd and pickle itz a great combinationReplyDelete
we love alu parathas....and your food clicks make us crave for them,thanks so much for sharing this favorite recipe :-)ReplyDelete
Aloo paratha with curd ....... Yummmm and tasty!ReplyDelete