Puri for Chaats - Ingredients:
Preparation time: 30 mins | Cooking time: 10 mins | Recipe category: Chaats | Makes: 20-25 puris
Sooji /Semolina / Rava- 1/2 cup
Maida - 2 tbsp
Club Soda water or Warm water - 3 tbsp
Salt as needed
Oil for Frying
1. Combine rava, plain flour, and salt
2. Add soda water little by little to make a stiff and soft dough. Knead well and allow it to rest under a wet muslin cloth for 15-20 mins.
3. Divide the dough into 2-3 equal portions. Roll in the dough on a counter top as thin as possible. Cut into circles using a cookie cutter or small katori.
4. Heat oil and fry the puris over medium flame till they puff up and turn golden brown on both sides. ( press slightly each puri using a slotted spoon till they puff up in the oil).
- Instead of soda water you can use warm water. It also works well.
- Place the rolled puris under a damp cloth while one batch is frying.