Puri for Chaats - Ingredients:
Preparation time: 30 mins | Cooking time: 10 mins | Recipe category: Chaats | Makes: 20-25 puris
Sooji /Semolina / Rava- 1/2 cup
Maida - 2 tbsp
Club Soda water or Warm water - 3 tbsp
Salt as needed
Oil for Frying
1. Combine rava, plain flour, and salt
2. Add soda water little by little to make a stiff and soft dough. Knead well and allow it to rest under a wet muslin cloth for 15-20 mins.
3. Divide the dough into 2-3 equal portions. Roll in the dough on a counter top as thin as possible. Cut into circles using a cookie cutter or small katori.
4. Heat oil and fry the puris over medium flame till they puff up and turn golden brown on both sides. ( press slightly each puri using a slotted spoon till they puff up in the oil).
- Instead of soda water you can use warm water. It also works well.
- Place the rolled puris under a damp cloth while one batch is frying.
Chaat puri looks delicious and crispyReplyDelete
it is summer now...and we are all into pani puris and cool chaats...your puffed puris are making us very hungry,amazing food clicks,thanks :-)ReplyDelete
Perfect fluffy puri for chat!ReplyDelete
Puris look perfect Anu. The shape and color are awesomeReplyDelete
wow..perefctly deep fried puri...nice..ReplyDelete